About The Cook CountyTrauma & Burn Unit
Our Unit is one of the largest trauma units in the United States.
It was also one of the first comprehensive trauma units. In 1966, Dr. Robert Freeark and Dr. Robert Baker conceived of a comprehensive trauma unit. This unit would provide a continuum of care for all seriously injured trauma patients beginning in the prehospital and resuscitation phases, through operative and post-operative or post-injury care and continuing on to the outpatient and rehabilitation settings. All phases of care are represented among our medical staff. The patient is cared for by the same team of physicians from their initial encounter in the resuscitation area throughout their hospital stay. Continuing the theme of comprehensive care, the same trauma nursing team works in the Trauma Resuscitation area, the Trauma observation area, and the Trauma Intensive Care Unit.
Cook County Trauma & Burn is a Center of Excellence within Cook County Health & Hospitals System and strives to meet the critical standards as both a Level 1 Trauma Center & Burn Center.
Courses & Events
Attend a course
Courses will be added as information becomes available.
Show your support
Custom Embroidery and screen printing for Healthcare Professionals.
A continuum of care for all patients
Programs and classes offered through the American College of Surgeons, National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) and American Burn Association can teach you a systematic, concise approach to the care of a trauma patient.
- 2 Investigators: Dangerous Intersection In Need Of Traffic Signals
- Cosby’s Honorary Degree Yanked by Northwestern
- Trump: Space Force And Air Force Will Be ‘Separate But Equal’
- Tesla Spontaneously Catches Fire With No Crash
- Wendy’s Employee Finds Live Mouse In Bag Of Burger Buns
- Millennials Most Likely To Stiff Restaurant Servers
- Blues Brothers Guitarist Matt ‘Guitar’ Murphy Dies At Age 88
- ‘We Will Not Apologize’: Trump DHS Chief Defends Immigration Policy
- Chicago Avenue Bridge Up For Sale
- NFL Stadiums To Have Fully Digital Ticket Systems In 2018-19 Season